Wednesday, November 22, 2006

On My First Official Commercial Shoot


Well, well, well... What do we have here...


On my April 4 blog entry, I wrote... "Sa susunod, TV commercial na 'to!", pertaining to my perceived aftermath of my fabulous print ad model career. PLDT got me to 'star' in their PLDT NDD P10.00 per call promo ad, which came out in all the leading broadsheets. And I honestly believed that that won't be my last moment of fame.


Last November 11, I appeared in a testimonial like commercial for PLDT Budget Card. My script went something like this...


"One time, gamit ko tong phone sa boarding house... Enter ang landlady, GALIT! Eh naka-PLDT Budget Card naman ako, no. Tatlong piso lang tumawag sa abroad. Mahal pa ang softdrinks!"


Hahaha! PLDT paid me a hefty ten thousand worth of SM Gift Certificates! I bought a new comforter, a couple of nice blouses, new fluffy pillows, and the rest I gave to Tikboy, my messenger, and Mama, who bought groceries.


Being in front of the camera is awfully nerve-wracking! My hats off to the Jerichos and Judy Anns of this world!! It's so tough talaga to act. You have to: 1) memorize your lines (you CANNOT make a mistake or you'll start from the very beginning!), 2) act natural while maintaining good eye contact with the camera, 3) stay alive under the extreme heat from the lights! Good grief! Buti na lang I psyched myself well. Just had a few takes and the agency reps were quite pleased, they even said I can do commercial acting for a living. Yeah, boy!


Type ko mag-Coke commercial...

No comments: