Sunday, July 10, 2005

On Welcoming Someone To Our Family

I've always had difficulty accepting the girls my two younger brothers like. It's primarily because as their 'second mom', I'm over protective and choosy of the type of girl I would want them to end up with.

In Xenia's case, it was no different. I pretty much gave her a hard time in the first few months that she and Mike got together. It wasn't personal. I just don't like my brothers to have girlfriends, hehe.

But she proved to be very sincere and my whole clan adores her. She is very kind to my parents, very close to Cui and loyal and loving to my brother. I can truly see how she makes him happy. Most of all, although she admitted being scared of me at first, she treats me like a big sister and is always willing to help me out in anything. Eventually, we all loved her, and saw what Mike saw in her... her beautiful and caring spirit.

Happy birthday to our dearest Xen! Hope you liked our gift!

* Xen's birthday was yesterday.