Wednesday, July 13, 2005

On My Lack of Talent

Probably one of my biggest frustrations is not learning how to play the violin. I have a neighbor, Ate Candy, who's just so brilliant playing this instrument. She even teaches at the Yamaha Music School in BF. I expressed to her once my desire to learn how to play and she was very encouraging. I want to play in church or be like one of those girls in "The Corrs". Unfortunately, music really isn't my thing. I had piano lessons before with Dexter and Cuz but after recital 1, we all gave up. In church, as a lector, we are now required to sing "The Word of the Lord", after the reading. I was the first to protest to our priest because I DO NOT sing in public (and I don't intend to!). Hay naku, make me dance all day and I wouldn't care. But I am just not musically-inclined. Oh well... it's never too late to take violin lessons... If only I had the time to do it...