Monday, July 11, 2005

On Playtime Then and Now


On Playtime Then and Now
Originally uploaded by blue curls.
This is Cupid Carlo, pouting lips and all, as if kissing the screen of my brother's cel phone, while playing one of the games loaded in the said gadget. Kids nowadays are just so tech-y. During my time, my brothers and cousins and I would play patintero, langit-lupa, taguan, luksong tinik, Chinese garter, 10-20 and all types of other kayle games till the Angelus rings off at church at 6pm. We'd get inside the house all messed up but with huge grins on our faces. We all have peklats to prove it. Hahaha!

Now, it's a whole different story. Give a kid a corner with a
Playstation, Gameboy or a mobile phone even, and they're all set and done for the day. Honestly, it's so boring! Kids don't know how to have real fun anymore! The only gadget that I found interesting back then was the Game and Watch (Hello, Parachute and Octopus!)! But even that was fun for just a short while.

I wish I'd see more kids playing outside our house, screaming their lungs out after being tagged the 'it' in Monkey-Monkey. My childhood was a blast! And I have nothing but fond memories of those days.

Someday, I'll tell my pamangkins (note: NOT kids) about it and probably play their 'mother' in 10-20. Sana lang, I still have the stamina to do it!