Wednesday, October 25, 2006

On One Golden Experience


Sa wat dee! My Thailand trip ranks a perfect 10 on the fun-o-meter! I had a blast with Cuz and our adventure-filled 5-day vacation is one for the books.

Bangkok is SO much like Manila... from the main roads, to the way the locals look and dress, the traffic, the modes of transportation and the warm and sunny smiles of the Thai people.

Cuz and I went temple-hopping and the structures were just breathtaking. The intricate designs and the materials used were very creatively executed. I simply could not stop taking pictures!!!

My brand-new red maleta's 'powers' were tested to the hilt. It was able to successfully hold almost all of my pasalubongs. It's shopping heaven there, I tell ya. And I did not miss the Philippines that much because whenever we'd ride around town, it just seemed like I was in Taft, or Nagtahan, or the Skyway! Ahh... just thinking about Chatuchak, their popular weekend bazaar (as big as the whole BF Homes, mind you) and the goodies I bought there... plus the mouth-watering food, the elephants and the temples makes me kilig all over.

My Top 10 Fab Finds:
1) My chunky gold bangle (from India pa daw)
2) Black watch
3) A complete set of pearls (ring, pendant, earrings)
4) A black shirt with a bejeweled crown embossed on it
5) A thin black belt (that they can cut to your desired length)
6) A Nothing But Water-like bathing suit (just gotta lose the weight!)
7) Pink and Green shawls
8) Funky creme & brown mailman's bag
9) Gold hoop earrings (super, super fab!)
10) Five (5) nice blouses that all cost below 250 baht

So what are you waiting for? Call the Kenstar Travel Agency now and book that flight to Bangkok!

Good one again, Cuz! Next stop... QUEENSLAND!!!