Friday, August 19, 2005

On HK's Staple Food


On HK's Staple Food
Originally uploaded by blue curls.
There was this little resto near our hotel (don't know the name, can't read Chinese) which served awesome, mouth watering noodles of EVERY kind. Their egg noodles were thin, tasty and the servings were enough to feed a land of giants. Here's Cui showing off his braised beef noodles, a far cry from what Chowking serves, I tell you. Mama and Papa on the other hand were both engrossed on my beef noodles. Check out their chopsticks on my bowl!!!

We ate at that restaurant twice. They had one food attendant who spoke a little English, so it was at least easier to order. I SO felt the language barrier there. Lost in translation kaming lahat! I had noodles, noodles and more noodles that whole stay in HK. Think I only ate rice there twice. Their servings are soooooooo big. Sa bagay, maglakad ka ba naman wherever you go, talagang kailangan ko ng isang bandehadong kanin to be satisfied. At eto pa... they don't serve water in the restaurants there, just tea. And I hate tea! So bloated kaming lahat kaka-Coke. Sad!

That's why when we got home, pass muna sa Chowking and Henlin... Hahaha! It just brings back too many noodle memories.