Monday, January 12, 2009

On A Follow Up Review

Watched ONE NIGHT ONLY with Bru, Yaya and Bhorgina at Festival Mall last January 7. In all honestly, I laughed the hardest watching this movie.

The Chokoleit and Joross Gamboa and Alessandra and Paolo Contis bits were the most hilarious. I wasn't really convinced with the performance of Manilyn Reynes. Eugene (for Tanging Ina Nyong Lahat) should have won Best Supporting Actress instead. Manilyn as a "butch" didn't exactly click for me. Sana si Aiza na lang! She was 'screaming' the entire time (ganun siya magpakita ng angst-y character niya) and her moves were really exaggerated.

Katrina Halili was her usual slutty self. Valerie Concepcion's acting was so-so. The movie would survive with or without Jennylyn Mercado and Diana Zubiri. Jon Avila is hot! (hahaha)

The movie was quite short. Think it ran for an hour and 15 minutes only. The story ends at this motel, where all the characters stories are resolved. I liked it. The movie's pace was just right. No boring moments.

So in short, I only missed watching Desperadas 2, Dayo and Magkaibigan. But even if I get free passes for these three remaining movies, I would simply pass. Well, maybe Dayo.

Overall, I've seen better Festival movies. Looking forward to next year.